Books everyone praises, but you don't like it English

Lord of the Flies. It's really brutal and children are not children there.

If you are really 14, you read this book at the wrong time. This book shows things we can understand only when we have a life experience

I know that you should love a person and not something in them. I explained it wrong, sorry. But they were engaged and found the love of their life after meeting ONCE and talking like three words with each other. I just don't think that's realistic.

One Hundred Years of Solitude
I like Marquez's books but I didn't really understand it. I prefer The General in His Labyrinth and Love in the Time of Cholera.

Ah, that makes sense. It's hard just to read as well, I'm currently reading it and I get you haha. I like it though.

Ohh I'm reading War and Peace too. Yeah it requires some historical knowledge.

Lord of the Flies. It's really brutal and children are not children there.

If you are really 14, you read this book at the wrong time. This book shows things we can understand only when we have a life experience
Yeah, that's probably true. Although, interestingly, it is often regarded as a 'children's' book by many libraries/websites.
I know that you should love a person and not something in them. I explained it wrong, sorry. But they were engaged and found the love of their life after meeting ONCE and talking like three words with each other. I just don't think that's realistic.
I mean it's not really about realism, it is a different genre. Realism is not the focus here, it is more about the greed of humans and the general definition of 'the power of love'. And as to 'overrated' story, there had been many readaptations of this book, and lots and lots of modern plots are based on this play. There should be some reason there, shouldn't it?

Anything by Stephen King. It's not bad, but it's also not THAT good.